Stay Home. Stay Healthy. Stay Connected.
During this uncertain time, I want to ensure that every neighbor is following Governor Inslee and public health advice and staying home in order to stay healthy. Here are a list of resources that exist for you and your community. I am also posting regular updates on social media.
It is just as important that every neighbor remains connected to their community and kind to each other. We will get through this, together.
Please contact me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Washington State’s official COVID-19 site
- House Democratic Caucus COVID-19 site
- WA Dept. of Health COVID-19 Guidance
- WA Dept. of Health Child Care Resources & Recommendations
- WA Dept. of Health Workplace and Employers Resources & Recommendations
- WA Dept. of Health High Risk Population Guidance
- WA Business & Worker Resources for COVID-19 Impacts
On March 12, the Legislature passed with unanimous support in both Chambers our coronavirus response which included:
- $175 million transferred from the state rainy day fund and appropriated to State and Local government and Tribes to respond to COVID 19.
- The funding will reimburse public health departments working on identifying cases of COVID-19 across the state, hire more nurses, transfer qualified uninfected patients to nursing homes, and increase testing facilities.
- $25 million transferred from the rainy day fund for unemployment benefits for employees who are temporarily laid off due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Allows the state Board of Education to provide waivers to local school districts for high school graduation requirements for students impacted by school closures.
I remain in constant contact with the Governor’s office, my colleagues in the Legislature and state and local agencies and am ready to return to Olympia as needed.
Bloodworks NW is in need of blood donations in Western WA. In order to meet social distancing recommendations and ensure the best and safest experience possible, they are requiring donors to schedule their appointment ahead of time.
The American Red Cross is accepting donations across Washington.